The admission process for UG programs commences from February respectively. To apply:
- Apply online
- Pay online/Demand Draft (DD)
- Upload documents. Apply Now
Admission to BE/BTech programs shall be conducted through two modes.
- Mode - 1: (Based on JEE Main – 2020 score) for 70% of seats 70% of the total BE/BTech seats shall be filled on the basis of percentile based merit of JEE Main – 2020.
- Mode - 2: (Based on 10+2 marks in PCM + JEE Main) for 30% of seats 30% of the total BE/BTech seats shall be filled on the basis of merit of marks secured in 10+2 or equivalent examination in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational subject*.
List of Technical Vocational Subjects (Only these subjects will be considered in lieu of Chemistry while preparing the 10+2 PCM merit):
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering (Patiala Campus)
- Computer Science & Engineering (Derabassi Campus)
- Computer Science and Business systems
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electronics (Instrumentation & Control) Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Production)
If the candidates are other than SC/ST category they will be considered under General category.
It is an International programme for Engineering of 4 year duration out of which first 2 years candidate have to study in LM Thapar School of Management, Derabassi, Mohali. Trinity and TIET have developed a credit transfer International Engineering Programme (IEP) which enables students admitted to undergraduate engineering programmes at Thapar University (TU) the opportunity to study at Ireland’s leading university, Trinity College Dublin. For Brief information Click Here
Yes, there is a different provision for NRI candidates and 15% of the sanctioned strength (over and above of the total seats) in a program are reserved for them.
Candidates need to contact technical support team for making any changes in your application form. Reach them at 0120-3371440 or mail your concern at email@example.com.
If payment is made by DD then it should be drafted in favor of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology payable at Patiala.
Application fee is not refundable, however the fee of course is refundable as per norms of the Institute.
Yes, Your second payment will be refunded in 2-3 working days. For this you have to mail us your concern along with the details on our email.id firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please set your branch order according to your preference. Yes, you can change the order of your branch preference after paying the application fees.
Yes, we do provide scholarships. For brief information Click Here
The counselling will be done through 2 modes:-
- Online Counselling: For this you do not have to visit the campus the whole process will be done online.
- In-Person Counselling: For this you have to visit the campus along with the required documents and the whole process will be done within the campus.
If you have appeared in both JEE Mains then you have to mention both results. The best of two will be considered.
No, once the last date is over the student cannot apply at TIET. The candidate must remain in touch with the Institute website for all such details.
No, If you missed the session on the concerned date then the candidate has to wait for the next round of counselling.
No, after branch allotment you cannot change anything in your application form.
The admission fee is to be paid after allocation of provisional seats during the online counselling for UG programs within a stipulated time mentioned in brochure. During the offline/in-person counselling, the fee will have to be deposited on the spot. No admission will be given without payment of full fee.
Candidates have to submit their documents at the time of in-person counselling. Students must carry original documents with them along with photocopies for document verification.
The hostel accommodation will be provided to the students at the time of in-person counselling. For more details Click Here